Wednesday 2 January 2013

Best of 2012


It's my best of 2012 post! I do like to review my years gone by, it's nice to see what you've been up to. 

Last year was really awesome. Many things happened including a trip to Amsterdam, reaching my fourth year of being with my lovely other half, a new job, getting some more images in magazines & newspapers & I think I took some of the best photos I've ever taken which makes me happy. I'm far from perfect in my approach to photography in general but I think I'm getting there. I won't ever be perfect (which is fine, I love learning new things) but I think I'm going in the right direction & learning valuable skills that can be put forward into my career. 

I always feel a new hope when a new year arrives. It's like a fresh start. This year, however, I've decided to leave the stupid resolutions & just have a few goals I'd like to reach. Some are personal, which I won't post here, but most are regarding my work & happiness. 

Mainly I would like to be published in some different magazines. I've been published in Outdoor Photography, Amateur Photographer & Practical Photography magazines so far which is really amazing as I never thought anyone would want my work! So I would like to get some more magazines in my portfolio as it all counts.

Some goals not regarding my work involve travelling back to Amsterdam, seeing an A380 aircraft fly over me (planned for my birthday on Friday the 4th Jan!), travelling to London for the first time, reaching 100 sales on Etsy plus lots more! 

So that's me, what about you guys? Let me know in the comments :) Happy new year & have a good 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Skipper Update 2018

Here's an update to my Skipper Butterfly blog I posted earlier this year. I have photographed them for 8 years now. Hoping to do so for ...