Tuesday, 27 December 2011

Bedecked


Bedecked, originally uploaded by purpleface.
I bought myself (with help from friends & family too!) a new camera. I figured I needed a more professional camera if I wanted to progress with my photography. I still stand by the people who say it's not all about the equipment, but at the same time I think sometimes you just need to upgrade. It's the same with phones, computers, etc.

And I have noticed a remarkable difference in my photographs even in the short time I've had the 7D. I've used the 450D for 3 years now & I loved it to death. Not literally mind, it's still in perfect working order, if a little worn, cosmetically, around the edges. But going from 12MP to 18MP is a big jump & I'm seeing the difference even now. My photos are sharper, clearer & honestly, it's like a breath of fresh air.

I think it's obvious that I'm very pleased with my new toy!

So I guess this is just a post to say welcome to the family 7D, & I hope you guys see my photography improve over the next year or so. 2011 has been a lovely year photography wise but I think some changes are in order for next year. I'm going to post another blog before the new year with a list of goal regarding my photography for those interested.

For now I just want to say I hope you all had a lovely Christmas!

1 comment: